OK, I will admit it has taken me a little longer than planned…. but it has finally happened. Version 5 of my site is now live and for all to see.
There have been some pretty big changes since last time:
- It runs on WordPress again (this is the first time the whole thing runs on WordPress to be fair).
- It is much easier for me to update now.
- The code doesn’t make me cringe any time it does need updating.
- It is fully responsive, so works on mobiles as well as desktops.
- It supports more post types than just standard blog posts. It allows me to make quick updates to share something a simple thought, video, image, link etc.
- My gallery is officially gone. It contained far too many images I didn’t care about anyway.
- The projects section is gone, but not for long I hope. The grand plan is to integrate with all the projects I keep on Github.
- Bookmarks work again. This section is fed from my RSS reader as I find things I want to share
I can’t promise it will stay as up to date as I want it to, but I can promise it will be better than before. I am a firm believer that the interface dictate the use and the new interface is much easier to use.