OK, I will admit it has taken me a little longer than planned…. but it has finally happened. Version 5 of my site is now live and for all to see.
There have been some pretty big changes since last time:
- It runs on WordPress again (this is the first time the whole thing runs on WordPress to be fair).
- It is much easier for me to update now.
- The code doesn’t make me cringe any time it does need updating.
- It is fully responsive, so works on mobiles as well as desktops.
- It supports more post types than just standard blog posts. It allows me to make quick updates to share something a simple thought, video, image, link etc.
- My gallery is officially gone. It contained far too many images I didn’t care about anyway.
- The projects section is gone, but not for long I hope. The grand plan is to integrate with all the projects I keep on Github.
- Bookmarks work again. This section is fed from my RSS reader as I find things I want to share
I can’t promise it will stay as up to date as I want it to, but I can promise it will be better than before. I am a firm believer that the interface dictate the use and the new interface is much easier to use.
Finally hit the end of the most insane couple of weeks at work. The go-live of a new system we have been working on for over a year and a half. The last two weeks I have done crazy hours and weekends. But today it is officially live, working and people are happy. Time for a weekend!
Easily the best map projection XKCD has done: – xkcd: Bad Map Projection: Time Zones
I have always hated how slow government can be to push through change. I am reminded with the pausing of Trumps executive orders that this frustration is by design, to stop bad change happening as much as it stops good change. Otherwise we just have a dictator…
Seems like a world away – Ricky Gervais